Monday, October 27, 2008

a little too ambitious

Thanks to a fellow blogger, CJ saw pictures of a train cake that he just had to have for his birthday. So when we went to the store to look at cake molds and he saw the exact same train cake, that was the only one that would please him. Me, being the crazy person I am, agreed to buy the mold and make the cake. Baking the cake wasn't the hard part... Decorating it was! I had never decorated a cake before. And this wasn't the easiest project to start learning from! After spending all day Saturday making the frosting and learning how to decorate, the cake was finally ready for the party. It was sad to just cut it up and eat it after spending so much time on it. But what are cakes for? So here are some pictures for you to enjoy. Am I a little too ambitious? I think so!



2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, that looks great!!! Happy Birthday!

Cetta said...

You did AWESOME!!!!! I think it turned out really good. Might even be better than the one I did. :)