Friday, May 29, 2009

talent show

Our ward's primary had a Talent Show tonight. As soon as we learned about it, we asked CJ if he wanted to sing. Of course he said yes - that boy LOVES to sing! But I told him he had to sing an actual song. If I would have let him, he would have just made a song up on the spot and kept singing to his hearts content. So anyway, we decided to pick the "Silly Pizza Song" from Signing Time. He loves singing any Signing Time songs and memorizes them quite well.

I am quite proud to say that Carter did AWESOME at the Talent Show! I wondered if he would sing once he was in front of a big group - and there were a lot of people there! He did really well though. He paused now and then when he would forget what was next, but then he would keep on going (it's kind of a long song). And every time he did pause, the audience would start clapping. He would just continue singing and everyone would laugh. Quite entertaining. Early today when I had him practice a couple of times he sang tnrough the song with no problems. But I guess an audience is bound to make anyone nervous!

Before we left for the talent show I made sure that I charged my camera's battery so that I could take a video of him singing - after all, his dad wasn't able to make it. But silly me didn't even think about the memory. So when I started recording (already a little bit into the song) I only got about 30 seconds before the camera's memory was full. I felt horrible! But here is the bit that I did get. (Sorry mom, I tried!)



CJ was a little disappointed that the video wasn't of the whole song, so before he went to bed we decided to record him again at home. Here is that video - of the whole song this time. He wanted a stage so I had him stand on the couch. And the paper towel is his microphone. Cute kid!

1 comment:

jan said...

That a great little clip. He's so cute