Okay, so it feels like it has been awhile since I have blogged lately. So I have decided to give a quick update and include some pictures that I have recently taken of the kids.
First of all, the kids are loving the spring weather and playing outside! If I'd let her, CD would spend all day every day outside. But as it is, she doesn't get to spend very long out there since she takes off running away as soon as she is released. Not a good habit. But to her it is a game. CJ loves playing outside as well and hates being able to see the kids playing at the park by themselves. You see, I'm the kind of mom that won't let CJ play by himself yet. Everyday he asks if he can play at the park by himself with the other kids. When I tell him no, he says, "but you'll know where I am." That is true, but if I can't see him, I'm not comfortable. I think I'm going to have to try extra hard to find some little friends for him to play with on a regular basis this summer.
For me things are about the same - playing mom, wife, housekeeper, gardener, blah, blah, blah. Does it ever end? My biggest challenge lately is the yard work. There is just SO MUCH that needs done! And I don't particularly enjoy yard work, so that makes it that much more difficult to motivate me to do it. But since I am desperate to have a beautiful flower garden in the front yard and a little garden for CJ to watch grow in the back yard, I better just do it!
Jon has been B-U-S-Y! He has been working almost 80 hours a week. Insane. Not fun. Tiring. Hard on him and the rest of us. Etc. Etc. Need I go on? So we are desperately trying to find him a new job. One with less hours, better pay (he doesn't get overtime at this job), and benefits. He is such a hard, honest worker, that he deserves better.
So we have been trying very hard to remain happy, optimistic, and have lots of faith and patience. Most days that's easier said than done. But we try to do our best!



1 comment:
Your kids sound so much like Lilli!
Post a Comment