Tuesday, July 5, 2011

zip-a-dee-do-da

Okay, so Jon's brother-in-law has built a zip line at Jon's parents house. Last year he built one that went over a pond on some of their land. This year they decided to move it to the hill side of Jon's parents house where it was closer and a bit safer. I had mixed feelings about going on it. I wasn't nervous about the height or anything - it really isn't that high up. But I was nervous to get going too fast.  And let's face, the thing is home-made.  But I finally tried it out for the first time last night. And it was fun! But would you believe I actually wanted to go faster? You control your own speed and I was having a hard time getting myself to go, especially at the beginning. I guess I'll just have to keep trying it out to get the ride how I want it. ;0)

We also got CJ to try it. We have been trying to get him to try each time one of his cousins do it. But he never has. I think because both mom and dad did it, he decided to give it a try. He was excited to go until he was all buckled up and on top of the platform to get started. He was so nervous and scared, but we wouldn't let him back out of doing it once he was all ready. We knew once we got him on it, he'd love it. And guess what? He did! He loved it and actually wanted Jon to let him go faster. You see, Jon held him by a rope and controlled all of his movements down the line. CJ can't wait to go again!

going backwards - can this thing go faster?

saying "hi" to CD watching from the safety of the yard

lift those legs - clear that brush!

there he goes!

so proud of our BRAVE boy!

faster dad!

No comments: