I have been wanting to make a reversible car seat cover for quite some time now. I bought fabric and everything a long time ago. But before making it, I was going to have to learn to sew. Thanks to a friend I was given the very basics of how to operate my machine. After about a month I had got as far as cutting the fabric, pinning it together, and sewing the two pieces together. After having my project sit on my counter for a couple of months, it was time to be honest with myself... I was never going to finish a project I had to sew.
Knowing that winter was coming, and coming fast, I knew I wanted something to use. So I decided to still make a car seat cover, but I cheated a bit. I went out and bought some fleece - a material I figured I could handle. Within a week I had my project complete - and just in time for the first huge snow storm!
I just cut and tied the edges - so much easier than sewing. So all I had to do was figure out how to sew the straps on. If you were to see my sewing job you'd be able to tell that sewing isn't my thing. But guess what, I did it! And it works! Hooray! Oh, and can I just say, I LOVE the fabric!
No comments:
Post a Comment