Thursday, October 29, 2009

first day of preschool

Yesterday marked a huge milestone for CD - it was her first day of preschool. She has been involved in many classes and other activities with the "Up to 3" program, but I have been by her side during all of them. Yesterday was different. This is a transition preschool for her to get used to separating and following the whole preschool routine. Two days a week for 2 hours a day, she'll be attending preschool alone.

Thankfully she has been in the classroom before for another class we go to already, so the environment wasn't all that new to her. There was a new teacher and new kids, but that didn't seem to bother her. I took her in, got her dressed up (her first day happened to be their Halloween party day), and after talking to the teacher told CD good-bye, love you and that I'd see her after snack time. She told me bye and love you and went off to play. I then walked out the door. No tears from either one of us. I then proceeded to watch her from another room (where of course she couldn't see me) through her free-time up until the first transition - clean up and circle time. She cleaned up with no problems and sat down willingly. What a relief. Hopefully the success we had on her first day will continue. I just can't believe my little girl is going to preschool by herself already! She's definitely not a baby any more!

She would not hold still for a picture at all, so that's why the pic is so blurry. Getting pics of her is so difficult lately!

No comments: