Wednesday, July 22, 2009

quick update

I realize it has been too long since I last blogged anything. You would think that there hasn't been anything going on. But that's not entirely true.

I guess things kind of started on June 28 when Jon's grandma, Grandma Zbinden passed away. That day before she passed we were able to see her at the hospital and tell her good-bye. It's always a sad experience when you lose a loved one, but Grandma had lived a long (she would have been 92 in August), productive, love-filled life. We will greatly miss her. Now our children have no more great-grandparents living. At least we have photos and memories.

Because of the timing of Grandma's funeral, most of Jon's family was around for the 4th of July. So between the funeral, the Cruise In (the local car show Jon likes to put his car in), and the regular 4th of July festivities, we stayed plenty busy and was able to enjoy lots of time with family. Thankfully Jon had 4 days off at that time, so it was nice to have him around for once.

After that we dealt with illness. I got a stomach bug one night and the next day Candace started getting a fever. I was afraid that she was going to go through what I did, but here's was much worse. She fought a fever for 5 days and wanted to do nothing but lay around, whimper, cry, and sleep. She barely ate anything and rarely laughed or smiled. It was scary to see her so not her - does that make sense. I had taken her to the doctor and the doctor said whatever was ailing her was viral and just had to run it's course. So we just had to watch her suffer and could really do nothing for her - I hate that helpless feeling! Thankfully she did get better though and is back to being her normal feisty self!

Right after everyone got better my Mom came to visit for a couple of days to help my brother plan his wedding. We didn't get to see her as much because of that, but we always enjoy our time with Grandma!

Since then things have pretty much returned to normal with the exception of me getting pink eye yesterday. So now we are just hanging low until I get better. Thankfully the kids have not gotten it and neither has Jon.

1 comment:

Eric and Caralee said...

ouch! I hope you get over your pink eye fast! Thanks for sharing the "children are worth it" blog with me, I looked over it this morning and will definately enjoy it.