So we spent this weekend in Rupert with Grandma & Grandpa Allen. Of course we did not take any pictures - the camera was there, but we never got it out. So sorry no pictures. We do that almost every time! But there were some things that are worth writing about. Some of use learned some things this weekend.
CJ learned about no-where: On the way to Rupert (while we were in the middle of no-where, which is quite common on the drive) he asked what town we were in. I responded with "no-where". So CJ kept asking, "are we still in no-where?". So apparently he believes that no-where is a town that we go through to get to Grandma's.
Mom learned how to sew on patches by hand: Now that I am a cub scout leader, I decided to become official by purchasing a uniform. So this weekend my mom taught me how to sew patches on it. Fun.
CD learned the most over the weekend: She learned some new words, and signs. Her new word (or an approximation of it) is Chewy - my mom's dogs name. She loved looking for him and saying "chew!". She also learned to say hat. While in the car on the way there I quizzed her on signs - we have been watching a lot of Signing Time and Baby Signing Time. She loves watching them and always sits very still and focused when they are on. She has never done the signs along with it, but I asked her "how do you sign..." while we were driving and she really surprised me. She showed me the signs for bear, hat, yes, bird, please, thank you, hurt, banana, dog, more, milk, drink, and others. Now we just have to hope that she starts using them spontaneously! Go CD!
No comments:
Post a Comment