Monday, September 1, 2008

weekend camping trip

We spent our Labor Day weekend camping with my family. Well, we almost spent the whole weekend with them, but we knew a storm was coming in, so we left early. Who wants to be camping in a tent in rainy conditions? Not me! No one believed me that a storm was really coming, but when it starting raining Sunday afternoon just before we left, they decided to believe me. Good thing everyone else camping with us were in trailers!

The kids loved camping and being dirty. Actually, CJ didn't like his hands being dirty and kept washing them at the cleaning station outside the trailer - or maybe he just liked washing his hands outside. CD had no idea when her hands were dirty. We tried to keep her on the carpets, but she was constantly crawling in the dirt. I was so glad to get everyone home and bathed last night. Now it's just a matter of getting all the laundry and bedding washed.


Like I said, we slept in a tent. We have a good sized tent, so really it isn't all that bad. Jon and I both are able to sleep on air mattresses while CD sleeps in her pack-n-play, Carter on the floor with lots of blankets for cushion, and a space heater to keep us warm. The last night we were there we didn't need the heater. We experienced "the warm before the storm", although the storm really did start during the night. That night the wind was so horrible I couldn't sleep - I thought we were going to blow away. Thankfully the kids slept right through it, but anytime I started to fall asleep I felt like the wind was going to blow the protective covering off our tent if not collapse our tent. So needless to say, I had a long night, but we all survived.


Our shelter from the storm


CJ kicks back and relaxes while he watches Grandpa make our breakfast

Overall we all had a really good time. Thanks Grandma & Grandpa for letting us enjoy your camping trip with you!

No comments: