Tuesday, May 10, 2011

oh so proud!

My boy always sees me working on making my books on the computer using Heritage Makers.  Well, he decided he really wanted to make his own book.  He is always writing stories and creating all sorts of things out of paper - books, games, transformers.  So I decided I would help him publish his first official book.  I told him that if he would write and draw his story on paper that I then could get it on the computer by scanning the pages.  He was way excited about this.  So I prepared the paper for him and he went to work creating his story.  It took him a couple of months to finish his project - it's pretty easy for a 6 year old boy to get distracted, and I made him color his pictures which he wasn't always excited to do.  But he finished it last month.  So I scanned his pages in and uploaded them into a Heritage Makers project.  Here he is holding his final product.  Can you see how proud he is?


We had 3 copies printed and published - one for us, one for his Kindergarten teacher, and one for Grandma Allen (who was kind enough to let us use her points to publish).  I chose to use the square flip book for his project so we wouldn't have to shrink his pictures too much.  I also decided this style of book would make it easier to look at over and over.  If you'd like, take a look at CJ's "The House Question".  Not only is he proud of his work, but I am too!

No comments: