Friday, September 25, 2009

late night trip to the corn maze

Last night (at 7pm), Jon decided that we should take the kids to the local corn maze at the American West Heritage Center. Since we never know when we'll all get the chance to spend family time together doing fun things such as this, I gave in and said let's go.

We really should take more advantage of living so close to the AWHC. They offer so many fun activities for the family. Before going through the corn maze last night we went on a wagon ride and a train ride - all included with the price of the maze. The kids loved crawling all over the little kids' hay maze (which Jon informs me is actually straw). We even climbed up to the top of the hay jump. I chickened out from jumping from the very top standing up, but I did jump off from a sitting position. I was the ONLY one to jump though, so that should count for something. Anyway, we eventually started the maze and of course it was completely dark by the time we got out. Good thing Jon brought flashlights along! We all really had a great time though. Next time we'll have to go when we can spend more time there.

the kids and I on the wagon ride

Jon and CJ on the train ride - the train is a brand new addition to the AWHC

at the end of the corn maze - we made it thanks to Jon leading the way!

Check out all the fun activities the American West Heritage Center has to offer families at http://www.americanwestcenter.org/.

No comments: